Saturday, July 18, 2009

Getting Caught Up

I can't offer many REAL excuses like "I'm so busy, I haven't been on the computer". Nope, I've just been doing other things. So, I'm going to just add some pictures and write a few random things about each... Read on to find out what this picture means!

On July 3rd, DeAnna and I drove through the Blue Ridge Mountains on Skyline Drive. It was a warm day, until we got into the mountains and then it was actually chilly (in July no less!) Most of the time, we drove and chatted, but we occasionally got out to admire frequent overlooks. It was a wonderful way to start a long weekend.

Half way through, we stopped by Luray Caverns (I really love spelunking). It was a great way to break up the drive, but the highly visited caverns were surprisingly beautiful and remarkably well cared-for. I'll recommend it! This is a picture of mirror lake (see why?)

On the way back home, I had to stop by Yogi Bear campgrounds and get a picture (no comments on how much the human looks like the bear, please). Of course, that was just the first day of a long weekend! We also had 4th of July activities to do, so we hoofed it home and got to bed early. The next morning we went to Jazzercise and did a little house keeping before heading over to my parents house for their annual Independence Day party! It was a lot of fun but in an uncharacteristic twist, I have lost all the pictures! There were a lot of good fireworks from Washington DC too... :-/

The next weekend, we loaded up on a bus from church and went to see "Joseph and The Technicolor Dream Coat" with a bunch of new friends. The trip was fun - it was a nice bus with a really nice bunch of people. We ate lunch at the Hotel Strausburg before going over to see the play. We took this picture on the stairs at the historic hotel...

So this last weekend, DeAnna went to get her hair done and I went with her on my bike. I started riding in Old Town and rode out to Mount Vernon. Then, I rode back to Old Town and then home to Cameron Station. The trail is actually very nice even though it's got a lot of people on it. All told, the ride was 25.58 miles long (now you know what the picture means) and I rode it in 3 hours. I was wiped out! It was a very nice ride, but I think I'll take it easier next time - maybe an earlier start in the morning...

We're continuing with the last bits of cleaning up the house by throwing and giving stuff away. I only have 2 more weeks working at FEMA and then I'm told I will be working at the Army again somewhere! Next weekend, we're going to the Wolftrap for a concert to hear the greatest hits of John Williams!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home