Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Few More Days in Hawaii

It's my last work week at Fort Shafter. I am closing out things and slowly saying my goodbyes. When I drive the fabulous daily commute through tropical jungles and volcanic cliffs that are suspended above white sand beaches and crystal blue ocean water, I have to smile at what God has put before me. I hope I have served well.

It's just a job, but I must admit it's been a compelling situation here: temporary enough to not get too involved, but long enough to make good friends. Like the military folks I have been serving, I am getting ready for my next assignment.

I am excited about the things to come, but right now, I am nostalgic about this fascinating past year and a half. Hawaii has been a great place to discover the work at which I excel. While many may think I'm talking about scuba diving and exploring, I actually mean working with people and discovering new possibilities in making their jobs easier and more efficient.

I'll miss these people as much as I will miss this place but as I look back with fond admiration, I have a sense of anticipation at another new place to explore, people to meet and a new home to build. There is no doubt: I am positively blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home