Thursday, June 25, 2009

Father / Son Father's Day

I have this image of my dad going fishing with us boys over the years and while all of us were whooping it up catching fish, Dad never caught anything. The last time dad had been fishing was over 10 years ago on a deep sea fishing trip in North Carolina!

So I reserved Sunday afternoon with dad and geared up at Walmart for an afternoon of fishing in the nearby streams. I am happy to say we weren't skunked. The size and quality of the fish will not be discussed here, though the pictures witness better than words!

We caught several Bluegill, Perch and a mess of Channel Catfish. When the fish stopped biting, we figured that their mouths were sore. It was a perfect day for fishing even though we didn't have a fish fry afterwards.

We were able to enjoy some fireworks and burgers over the weekend right off Mom & Dad's balcony! All in all a great time in Virginia! I am now on my way to see Julia and Jessica, John and "the Colt"! I promise more pictures to come from the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home