Monday, January 05, 2009

What a Christmas Present!

We've just spent two weeks in the mainland away from the island burdened by relatively few schedules... It's been wonderful! Along the way, I got some really nice Christmas presents...

First of course was my first grandson, Colton Thomas Anderson. You already know about Colt. I got to spend 2 days just hanging out with Jessica and John holding him and being there for his first shopping trip to Best Buy and Target. He's starting off right... I also spent time with Julia and met the elusive Derek - a very neat guy!

I got to buy hundreds of dollars of technology with someone else's money as I updated my parent's living room TV and DVD system with an HD setup. They already had a flat screen TV, but we found them a bigger one.

We took the existing TV and turned it into a sweet monitor for dad's new mini laptop system to replace his old computer. I think it was about 8 years old and still worked well. The big thing was the high-capacity laser printer, Fax, copier, scanner we attached to the system! It's dad's new pride and Joy!

I went to see two performances in DC: "West Side Story" at the National Theater and "Best Songs of Andrew Lloyd Webber" at the Kennedy Center. I needed a little culture. Speaking of culture, I will have to describe 'Clocky' sometime...

While in Virginia, we looked around at a lot of potential houses in the area. On our last weekend, we had two wonderful possible deals! After contacting the owners, one wanted to deal and we ended up getting a fabulous deal on a top floor 2 bedroom condo with a loft about 15 minutes from my parents house!

So we're going to be Virginia homeowners! DeAnna will go back in about 3 weeks to close and begin bringing our stuff out storage. I will post pictures when I get back online (I am typing this on the plane ride home).


Here are some pictures of the interior!





So it's been a really great holiday! I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things at work and doing some more scuba diving. Watch for more information on the move to Virginia in the next BLOG update!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home