Friday, December 19, 2008

On Vacation!

Yesterday we packed up our gear and jumped on a plane back to the mainland for two weeks of Christmas vacation. Some time away from the job and the island will be nice.

First, I'll get to see my brand new grandson,Colton (Colt). He was born Tuesday and is now home with Jessica and John. I will also see Stacey's graduation, visit with mom & dad stay with Julia (meet her boyfriend Derek), and lastly, NOT work!

We aren't dressed for a winter journey to the mainland, but it's all we got (winter clothes continue in storage). It doesn't matter, I need a break from paradise!

There is a blessing in seasons that goes unappreciated for most. When the year is divided by seasons we anticipate changes and mark our time by them. The crisp winter air is blessed by spring just as the dog days of summer are quickened by the first frost of fall. When every day is the same, when the week is not distinguished from any other week, when the sun sets and rises as it always does, when every day is special - no day is special. I need a break from paradise even if it is just for a couple of weeks!

The past week in Hawaii has actually been a vacationer's nightmare. It has been cool, cloudy and even stormy! We had 14 inches of rain in 12 hours and a week of rain every day. I snapped a couple of pictures on the way to work and through the downpour you can see multiple waterfalls on the Ko'olau cliffs. Very unusual indeed! All this made it easier to get on the plane and leave the cold beaches behind.

Will I look forward to returning? Sure I will! I love my work and I love living in Hawaii! We don't know how much longer we'll be staying, but I plan to enjoy each day...

So I will try to sleep as we fly over the track less waters of the Pacific. Who knows, I might learn more about Facebook now that I will have time to play around!

Sweet dreams, Colt. I am anxious to see you!

On the road, writing with my Blackberry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home