Monday, October 13, 2008

Broken Foot

Hi Everyone! This past week, we've had our friends from Minneapolis visiting. Don & Rindy Koukal used to be our neighbors and have really been an inspiration to us over the years. We managed to convince them to visit our Hawaiian world for a week.

Shortly after arriving though, DeAnna broke her foot when she jumped into the shallow end of the pool! After getting her to the doctor for the X-ray that confirmed the pain, we've been nursing her through the week until Wednesday when I'll take her to the Orthopaedic surgeon for an evaluation of her situation. We're told that it may be Thanksgiving before DeAnna can get around normally....

DeAnna landed hard on her heel bone and actually broke her heel - very hard to do and very painful. She's been confined to the couch to elevate her foot while the swelling goes down, but we managed to get her in the car for a driving tour of Oahu Sunday afternoon. Shopping was a bust for the girls (but who knows, that might be a blessing in itself)!

Don and Rindy have been good sports and I've managed to play tour guide to get them out around the island while DeAnna is resting at home. We've been to Waikiki, the North Shore to see the season's first big waves, Spitting Cave, Pu'u Ualaka'a (seen here), Ala Moana Mall, Hanauma Bay and many other favorite sites

I even managed to get them to roll in the sand at Halona Beach, just like the movie, "From Here To Eternity". Though the results might not be Hollywood, it was fun! Out of all our visitors, they are the only people that have tried the movie scene. Having Don & Rindy here has reminded me how much I miss our friends and home in Minneapolis. They leave Tuesday morning and DeAnna and I will both really miss them.

In the meantime, Wednesday morning, we'll be visiting the Orthopaedic surgeon in the morning; I'll be visiting an Orthodontist in the afternoon for some minor oral surgery (I'll be drinking my food for a while) - it will be a busy week of medical attention.

In other news, I've been keeping up with my job as well as my old bosses' job now that he's departed for Germany. It's been very hectic and my role here is shifting from project coach to deployment advisor. I will go to Alaska over Halloween week to teach a class and I'll reprise my role as instructor again for Green Belt class in November and December here in Hawaii.

I'll also be making a trip to Dallas in mid-November for a meeting of Accenture top-performers! I'm not sure how, but someone has noticed the work I do all the way out here in the middle of the Pacific, so I'll spend two days shaking hands with folks that are more highly placed in the company...

Keep DeAnna in your prayers. I'll update the blog again after we know more Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home