Sunday, October 26, 2008

Unusual Week Ahead

The week has already started out in a strange way. Both Saturday and Sunday has been overcast, cool and rainy. Let me explain a little so you don't get the wrong idea... "Overcast" in Hawaii means blowing puffy clouds that occasionally coalesce into a bigger cloud that disperses within minutes. "Cool" in Hawaii means temperatures below 75 degrees. "Rainy" in Hawaii is a heavy drizzle that lasts for a few minutes and then dries up.

So when I say that the sun hasn't shown for three days and the rain has been constant with occasional downpours and it's been cold enough to pull on a blanket at night - you'll know that it's been strange - almost like the mainland!

Anyways, I've used the time to finish a long-term project for my company and planned for the week to come. This week, I'm going to Anchorage, Alaska! When I last checked the forecast, it wasn't supposed to get above freezing while I'm there. It has already snowed as well, so I'm excited to go! The only issue is that I am well outfitted for Hawaii, but all of my winter gear is in storage somewhere in Minnesota! It shouldn't matter because I'll be mostly doing business indoors...

I'm hoping to get back in the water when I return. My scuba gear has been dry for 3 weeks - far too long! Watch for alaskan updates and pictures this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home