Thursday, September 27, 2007

Yes, I Actually WORK Here!

Following a relaxing weekend, it's been a very busy week at work! Reading my past entries, you'd think it was all play and no work! Now I'm having to control my hours so I don't charge overtime!

For those who do not know already... I work for a consultant group (George Group) whose specialty is process improvement utilizing Lean Six Sigma (LSS). This company is working with the US Army to leverage LSS to improve efficiency and save money. I am working with the Pacific command which is headquartered at Fort Shafter, Hawaii.

My job is to coach Army folks to take over my job and do LSS on their own. I've been here for two weeks and I still haven't been able to contact all the people I'm trying to mentor! Working in the corporate world was rewarding in many ways, but I'm now working with civilians and soldiers who have a very compelling mission. Everyone is working hard. They care about their work, the Army and they really care about the soldiers in the field. I'm proud to be here and be in the position to help out.

I'll visit the beach again this weekend. Until then, here's a picture of a Kailua sunrise I took the other day while on a jogging run.

it's great to have this job and it's great to be here in Hawaii to do it! What a wonderful blessing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home