Sunday, September 23, 2007

One Month

It's been a wonderful weekend! I spent Saturday around Kailua. and getting settled in the apartment. In the morning, I walked down the beach and then walked the beach for about 5 miles... then I had to walk back! I was pretty tired, but it felt good to get out and move around.

Saturday afternoon, I ran a couple of errands. You never appreciate little things - like having enough hangars for your shirts or extension cords for your plug-in devices - until you have to fork over cash for them. But now I'm settled in and looking forward to DeAnna's arrival. Here are a couple more pictures of the Windward side of Oahu. In the first picture, you can see Kailua on the right-hand shore. In the second picture... well what you see is what you get!



















This morning I went back to the Methodist church. After getting blocked-in last week, I figured it was the best thing to do. After services, I joined stayed for lunch. It was all Korean! Kimche, rice and vegetable soup. I met with the Youth/English pastor. Aside from the Korean and English youth group, he's tasked with growing the english-speaking membership.

Right now, there's about 800 Korean-speaking and 100 English-speaking people at this church. I know I'm not going to be here for long and involvement will certainly be subject to requirements for the job, but it seems like a good place for ministry. I plan to join them on Tuesday night at their small group.

Tomorrow marks one month since I accepted a job at George Group (I've actually only worked for this company for two weeks). I have been outside my comfort zone in every way since. Still, I am at peace with discomfort and growing with the changes. At every turn where trouble lurks, God manages to take care of things. I am so blessed!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home