Saturday, September 22, 2007

Eating OUT

Tonight my boss asked me to join him and his wife for dinner. I accepted. He was grilling out. Sounded pretty safe. I've been making an effort to try new things and not to eat at the same place twice. My idea of exotic cuisine has been changing from steak salad to chicken salad at Chili's... maybe try some meatballs with the Marinara sauce pasta at the Olive Garden.

Tonight, my boss (Bo) and his wife (Heidi) prepared some Alaskan King crab legs for appetizers along with some Brie cheese and salted soy beans (I forget what they called them - it's Japanese). To drink, I started off with cranberry juice and then had some champagne with dinner. The main course was fresh salmon. I know it was fresh because he had just caught it and brought it home from his Alaska fishing trip earlier this week! Afterwards,for dessert, we had a small glass of Port wine!

Now, I haven't thought myself to be very fond of most of what I listed above - including wine. However, it was quite pleasant. I'm glad I've been trying new things. Heidi is an amateur wine enthusiast and did a lot of explaining. In short, she's offered to be our guide to the whole new world of fine dining! The subject of sushi was raised - I'm still skeptical about that. They've assured me that I haven't had good sushi yet. They are correct in that assessment. I have to remember, I'm expanding my horizons!

I'll post more about this nifty couple in a later blog. For now, the time really is late (about midnight). I actually did work a full day today (yes, I actually do work here) - so I'm going to bed. Thank God for a positive attitude, a strong constitution and the blessing of a good day of relaxing and exercise tomorrow without intervening schedules or agendas. It's time to hit the beach!

Hmmm, I need some sunscreen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home