Monday, September 17, 2007

Church and Housing 101

I went to church today. I set my GPS to take me to the local Church of Christ and when I got close, I saw a bunch of cars turning into a church parking lot, so I followed them in. As soon as I turned, I noticed that it was the Christ United Methodist Church! So, I followed the cars through the parking lot and turned back towards the street, but the cars in front of me stopped. Then something unexpected happened - the people got out of their cars and walked into the sanctuary! Cars behind me did the same and I was officially blocked in on all sides!

So, I figured God wanted me to attend the Methodist church... I got out and walked towards the sanctuary. A friendly woman greeted me and asked me if this was my first time to attend services. When I said yes, she said, "You are welcome to join us, but you might be more comfortable in the English services." The singing that I heard was a Korean service! The English service was much smaller but quite inspiring! I was glad I went! I'm sure God knew that...

After church, I drove back to Kailua to view a condominum. It was remarkably beautiful! I visited the beach and then
drove all the way around the island on the King Kamehameha Hiway. Here are a couple of pictures from that experience:











After another quick trip to Wal-Mart, I went back to my hotel and then down to the beach for my official "first swim". While there, I watched the sunset and the beginnings of a Hawaii cultural Hula show. Pretty neat for my first weekend! Now, it's back to work and continuing to look for places to live.

By the way, I no longer own my Prius. We sold it back to the dealer for almost the same price as purchased. DeAnna continues to work miracles in clearing our house of accumulated junk and preparng the house for sale. Hopefully, she will be able to join me here in Hawaii soon!

2 Comments:

At Monday, September 17, 2007, Blogger John said...

Have you seen Dog the Bounty Hunter?

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007, Blogger Joe said...

No, Dog hopefully works in the areas where I am NOT located! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home