Monday, September 10, 2007

Sept 10 - 9:30am CDT

This is the first day of a completely different career and life for me (and DeAnna as well). After 2 weeks of hustle, we have managed to paint most of the house and get rid of 2/3rds of all our belongings, even the cats.

Now I know the first thing you're likely to ask is, "What happened to the cats?" So I'll get that out of the way. We spent weeks - no, months trying to find a place for all 3 cats. Two weeks ago, we found a lady who took our cats in. She was very friendly and the cats were quite well behaved when she took them. It was very difficult to let them go, but we felt a lot better about it after the lady took the cats in. We are confident that they are just as happy (if not spoiled) at the place where they ended up.

I am writing this on my Blackberry because I no longer have a computer having resigned from Seagate. My last day at work was September 7th. The speed that my new job is beginning is a phenomenal thing. I didn't have time to say personal goodbyes and I will probably never see any of those people again (because it's not likely that I will get back to Minnesota).

So many people have been good to me in my Seagate career. None as good as the people in IT where I've worked for the last 7 years. I know I will miss them in the months to come, but time is moving quickly in a different direction for me. Now, it's time to start something new and God has ramped-up the changes! Amazingly, He has also visibly and intentionally met all of our concerns and needs throughout the process. God is taking us through a wilderness to a place of blessing that we still don't understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home