Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sushi & Ox Tail

Well, I've now traversed new culinary ground - albeit in a small way...

Last week, I went to lunch with my boss. He loves sushi, so we went to a Japanese restaurant. I opted for Chicken and Butterfish (Butterfish was adventurous for me). When my boss ordered sushi rolls, he offered one and I ate it. It was so seasoned that I didn't taste any fishy taste. I'm not sure about a big slab of raw fish, but the sushi roll was fine.

On Friday, I took a co-worker to lunch (it was the only time she was available... really). As we chatted about the menu, I ordered a salad, she ordered Ox Tail soup - a childhood favorite, I think. When she asked if I'd had Ox Tail soup before, I confessed that I had not. She graciously offered a large bone with some meat on it in a cup of broth. I cheerfully ate some. It wasn't bad, but I'm not really a fan of dark meat...

So, my education in Asian cuisine continues and I have so far survived!

There's another exciting BLOG post below - don't miss the pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home