Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Dance Card

Ever since I've arrived, people at work have talked about "filling my dance card" - euphemistically referring to how busy is my calendar. Yesterday, I was struggling to contact people. Today, I'm having to schedule appointments next week! Being busy is good!

Sunday, I picked-up a student (Chad) from the University of Hawaii for church. He's a very nice guy from Colorado. We were chatting at lunch (Korean soup again) when I noticed that my nifty Timex watch was changing the date because it was noon. I expressed my frustration and Chad offered to look at the watch.

This has been a problem for me ever since I got the watch back in Minnesota about a month ago. Instead of changing the date at midnight, it has been changing the date at noon. Therefore, I've not been sure about the date shown on my watch. Every afternoon, I have to check and reset the date.

So Chad looked at it (obviously confused because it's an analog watch, not digital) and I was feeling pretty smug. I had been thinking about getting another watch anyway. Then Chad said, "Why don't you just move the hands forward 12 hours? Then it should change at midnight instead of noon."

What a "duh" moment.... He was brilliant and my watch has been working fine ever since! I'm sure that God didn't bring Chad and I together just so that I could get my watch fixed, but this was a humbling moment. I sometimes need to be reminded that the 'team' is often my best resource and I should be afraid to engage my team!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home