Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sea Turtle

It's been really easy to get out of the blogging habit. Truth is, We just haven't done much worth writing about.

The first week in January was my company meeting in Dallas. That was a whirlwind of meet-&-greet as well as learning what's happening now that we're joining Accenture. Now, I'm trying to figure out my time and expense reporting out here on the remote island of Hawaii. There is a real possibility that the system won't be ready in time for me to get reimbursed for my expenses... it's a bit stressful because living here is not cheap and I can't float several thousand dollars for very long.

So to relieve some stress, I went snorkeling this morning. It was a short excursion (the water wasn't as clear as I normally like it), but in swimming, I came across a feeding sea turtle! You might think that sea turtles are everywhere in Hawaii. We've seen a few from the shore, but it's rare to actually swim with one!

Since the water wasn't very clear, I didn't have my camera out. It was packed in my waterproof fanny pack. When I saw the turtle, I swam around it for a few minutes watching it feed. I decided that I didn't have anything in my fanny pack that would be ruined if it got wet, so I got out my new underwater camera and started taking pictures!

At one point, the turtle looked up and started swimming towards me! As he swam by, I kept shooting pictures. For a little while, we swam over and under each other. The turtle took a breath or two and then went back to the bottom to munch on some seaweed.

The sun was warm, but the water was a bit chilly, so I didn't stay out very long. That's the story of my sea turtle encounter. I'm glad I had my new underwater camera along for the occasion!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home