Sunday, April 04, 2010

Cherry Blossom Time

It's been a beautiful Spring here in the DC area. DeAnna and I went out to lunch and walked to the tidal basin on Friday to see the peak of the cherry blossoms. Though the area was insanely crowded, it was also incredibly pretty. Here is a panoramic shot of the tidal basin (you'll have to click on it and scan back and forth to see the whole thing).

We've been spending some time with my parents. Since their return from Florida, mom has been getting stronger every day. For her birthday, we joined them for cupcakes and dinner. Even after struggling with breathing problems, mom blew out all the candles! (we were secretly wondering if the oxygen might cause them to flame up, but nothing happened) This last week, she prepared dinner for us and made one of her famous chocolate cakes! They were gone on their cruise during my birthday and mom wanted to make sure I got my cake! You can see the pink flamingo candles on the cake as well.







We toured the spring tree blooming season with mom & dad yesterday. They know all the hot spots for pretty collections of trees and flowers!

Other than that, I have been preparing for a busy April. I will be returning to Hawaii next week for a conference and then going to Chicago the week following for training. Then we go to Norfolk for a few days of vacation and then I finally go to Oklahoma to see Owen! Lots of work and Jazzercise these days...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home